1.05.2011

Lace nails DIY!


Hey darlings!
So the other night I tried the lace nails, and it was pretty sweet!
I wanted to do black lace with a shimmery gold nail polish underneath,
but the black lace was hard to find - who would have thought!
So I did it kind of opposite and it had such a cool effect!
I did a dark blacky-blue nail with a shiny gold lace on top.



This is the lace I found. I just got it from the dollar store I think it was supposed to be a doily or something. Can't you just see it in some old woman's house lol



So the first thing I did was trim my nails down, I think this look definitely works best with a shorter nail :)


Then I painted my nails the dark colour, it only needed one coat and let it dry completely.



I pre-cut all the lace pieces to match my fingers but left them longer then I needed them to be.
To attach the lace you need to use a thick top coat and put quite a lot of it on.
Then just stick the precut pieces and hold down until its all dry. Making sure that you
press down on all the corners. Then just trim the ends and voila!




And this is the finished product!
Pretty sweet eh!?
Let me know what you think and if you give it a try!

xx
C




3 comments:

  1. love it! cant believe you pulled it off! =O

    http://fashioneggplant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your nails look great! That's so creative of you!

    That ring is a stunner! <3

    ReplyDelete

i love and appreciate every single comment you guys leave!
i'll do my best to get back to each one of you :)

xx
C