1.03.2011

Green Tea and Passion Fruit Macarons :)

For my New Years party I made macarons, they were soo delicious!
I still haven't quite mastered the art (they are pretty finicky)
but i am getting better!
This recipe is sooo good!! I'll post the link :)
Her's are amazing! And perfect!

So far the most important things that I have learnt is to leave your egg whites on the counter
for at least 24 hours, the next thing is to use parchment paper and to spray it with PAM.
And thirdly after you have piped the macarons onto the sheet you have to let the tops harden for about an hour. That's how they get the nice shiny top and the little feet.
Also the easiest way to get them all the same size is to draw the circles on the parchment paper with a template.
But anyways here's how they turned out!
I know they aren't perfect but I'm getting better :)
Which is good because i'm not going back to Laduree anytime soon lol.


After mixing the batter I poured it into the piping bag. The mixing is quite tricky.
You have to be soo careful not to over beat the batter. If its over beat by only 5 seconds it can ruin the batch!

One tray of piping :)
Not perfect but they are looking more like circles! lol

Here are a few with sandwiched with the Passion fruit butter cream in the middle.



As you can see a nice shiny shell and little feet! :)


Unfortunately they went soo quickly!
I made about 50 of them and they were gone that night!
They flavours are amazing..
If you try it out let me know how it tastes!!
Happy macaroning!!
xx
C



No comments:

Post a Comment

i love and appreciate every single comment you guys leave!
i'll do my best to get back to each one of you :)

xx
C